What is an Emergency?
- If you are in severe pain
- If you have been up all night with toothache
- If your face is swollen
- If you are having difficulty swallowing
- If you are still bleeding after an extraction
- If you have had some kind of facial trauma – e.g. you have broken or dislodged a tooth after a fall
These are what we consider a real emergency and you must contact the surgery immediately. Call as early as possible so that you can be allocated an emergency appointment.
If you feel you have some other kind of problem that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible e.g. your crown has come out or your tooth has broken, please contact the surgery as early as possible and we will try to get you an urgent appointment to see the dentist as soon as possible.
Out of hours emergencies:
Please telephone the practice on 01474 355493 and listen carefully to the message on the answer phone. It will give you instructions as to what to do and information of an out of hours service available.